3 March 2013

Salmon canapés

I went to visit my parents in Estonia last week and as it is my birthday today, I also had a small sit down with my friends and a late lunch with my grandmothers. Part of me is already fed up with cakes - I made three cakes in three days and they were all gone by the time I left for my flight. But instead of a cake recipe I'll share a quick and easy nibbles recipe.

Made those salmon canapé snacks to have before indulging in the various different cakes and they really went down as a treat - everyone loved them. Serving salmon on a rye crisp bread instead of the more traditional blinis ups the health rating of the recipe in addition to adding a nice twist to it. These small squares are incredibly quick and easy to make - just make sure that you don't make them ages in advance as the cream cheese will soften the rye crisp bread and the snack is not so crispy anymore.

Feel free to experiment with seasoned cheese spreads and server with a squeeze of lemon. Also, for a more sophisticated take decorate some squares with baby capers. All in all - a quick, tasty and easy party canapé, which in addition to its deliciousness also counts towards your Omega 3 intake.

Ingredients
(Makes 24)
- 175g smoked salmon
- 8 Finncrips rye crisp breads, cut into 3
- 150g cheese spread (or cream cheese)
- Dill, to decorate

Directions
Cut the rye crisp breads into three equal size pieces and top each off with a generous amount of cheese spread. Then cut up the salmon and place on top of the cheese. Place the canapés on a plate and sprinkle with dill.



No comments:

Post a Comment