25 March 2013

Blueberry & Chocolate mousse pots

Few weeks ago I prepared a cosy romantic dinner at home - fresh baguette with herb butter to start and beef with crispy potatoes as a main course. And for dessert I prepared these lovely mousse pots. I had quite a few ideas for dessert but because I wanted something that I could make in advance and that would not be too heavy, because as we were quite full already after finishing the first two courses, having a heavy dessert would have been out of the question.

This is the second time I've made these mousse pots - first time was for a dinner I made for my sister - and I have to say that if I'd have to entertain a bit bigger crowd that just two persons I would seriously consider serving this. It's quick and very straightforward to make, doesn't require baking, isn't too heavy, can be made in advance, has nice berries in it (you can mix different berries) and on top of everything it contains chocolate! And trust me, after tasting home-made chocolate mousse you'll never ever reach for the stuff they sell in shops.

All in all, it is light and fluffy, but at the same time gives you the melt-in-your-mouth feeling and satisfies both the people who try to keep their eating healthy as well as those devoted chocoholics who don't consider anything a proper dessert unless it contains chocolate. I'd like to point out that even though the recipe calls for dark chocolate, it does not taste bitter at all (and has all the antioxidants!) and in my honest opinion it would be a bit too sweet if made with milk chocolate instead.

Ingredients
(Serves 4 - approximately 160 cal per serving) 
- 75g dark chocolate, melted
- 4 tbsp low-fat yogurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 350g blueberries (or other berries or even a mix of different berries)

Directions
Firstly melt the chocolate and set it aside to cool for 5-10 minutes. Once it has cooled down, mix in the yogurt. Then wash and dry the berries and place in small glasses or ramekins.

Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff, then add sugar and beast until sugar is dissolved and the egg white has turned into stiff glossy peaks. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture - firstly loosen the mixture with a spoonful of egg white and then carefully fold in the rest of the mixture, trying to keep as much air in as possible.

Finally, divide the chocolate mousse between the ramekins and chill in the fridge until set (or until serving). Enjoy!

Recipe from BBC Good Food




No comments:

Post a Comment