20 October 2012

Individual classic cheesecakes

I know I shouldn't say this but I think that this is the best dessert I have ever made so far. I love cheesecakes, as you already know by now, and this time I fiddled around with my favourite cheesecake filling and decided to make it in individual portions, rather than as a cake and instead of normal base use the digestive biscuits. Needless to say that I became hooked from the first bite.

And as usual, I couldn't wait for the cakes to cool down and had one fresh out of the oven. I usually don't do it to cheesecakes, but trust me I have muffins and cookies the moment I take them out. To my pleasant surprise it tasted amazing and reminded me of the cheesecake I ate as a kid back home and I haven't had it, or anything close to it, since they took the cake off production. My mum used to buy it as a treat and then we microwaved it hot and ate - one of the most delicious things I had had at that point. However, although they are delicious when they are hot, they are absolutely divine when they have cooled down properly in the fridge. The amazingly silky smooth filling and the crunchy base really make you feel like you're in cheesecake heaven - and there's no way you want to come back down from there.

Perfect recipe to treat yourself or the loved ones, serve at a dinner party or just have for breakfast with your morning coffee. Every time of the day and every occasion is suitable for eating cheesecake... Serve with ice-cream, with melted chocolate, fresh berries, some strawberry jam or enjoy them just on their own - they are delicious either way.

These muffins actually freeze well, so you can make a batch and put some in the freezer for future consumption (cause if you eat them all in one go your waistline is not going to be very happy). Just remember to take them out half a day before and defrost them in the fridge (to keep the smooth consistency). Although they are the best without being frozen, they are still really-really good after that as well.

Ingredients
(Makes 10-12)
For the base:
- 150g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75g butter, melted

For the filling:
- 150ml sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 400g Philadelphia cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 150ml cream

Directions
Line a 12 hole muffin pan with muffin liners. Mix the melted butter with the crushed biscuits and divide evenly between the muffin holes. Press the mixture hard to form a solid base for the muffins and place the muffin pan into the fridge for 30 minutes or so.

Preheat the oven to 150C. To make the filling, put all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until the mixture is smooth and even. Divide it between the muffin holes and bake for around 20 to 25 minutes. Leave them out to cool down and then put in the fridge (or freezer if freezing them) until they have completely chilled.




No comments:

Post a Comment