6 April 2012

Salmon with spinach & tartare cream

I have come to the conclusion that I do not eat enough omega-3 rich fish. In addition, every time I actually decide to have salmon and then really-really enjoy it I take a decision that I should have it at least once a week. However when the next week comes I've totally forgotten about my promise and usually it will be quite a few weeks until I remember that I haven't had salmon in ages. So, here I am again - eating salmon and promising to have it more often (hopefully this time it will work out). I've always made salmon in the oven, but this time decided to fry it for a change - and I wasn't disappointed with the result. Served with baby spinach and citrusy tartare cream, this salmon dish makes a delicious healthy mid-week meal.


Ingredients
(serves 1 - 320 cal)
- sunflower oil
- skinless salmon fillet
- 125g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp low fat crème fraiche
- juice of 1/4 lemon 
- 1/2 tsp capers, drained
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges to serve

Directions
Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper, heat the oil in the pan and fry on each side for around 4 minutes until golden and the flesh flakes easily. Set aside. 

To cook the spinach, heat the pan and tip the leaves into it. Then season well and cover and leave to wilt for 1 minute, stirring once or twice. 

Put the spinach on the plates and top it with the salmon. Gently heat the crème fraiche (do not let it boil) in a pan with a squeeze of lemon juice, capers and the parsley and then season to taste. Spoon the sauce over the salmon and serve with lemon wedges. 

Recipe from BBC Good Food


No comments:

Post a Comment