17 April 2012

Smoked salmon & avocado salad

During the revision period time is so precious that spending an hour or so a day in the kitchen does not even cross my mind. But my brain needs energy (loads of it actually) and therefore I really can't stop eating just because I think that I could put my time to better use, so I've realised that having a filling salad is the perfect solution for such a situation. Some salads are very easy to make (just mix everything together and get ready washed salad leaves to cut down preparation time ) and if you use the right ingredients they will fill you up and keep you (and your brain) going for quite some time.

This salad is healthy, filling, easy to make and tastes delicious. In addition, it contains important Omega-3 fats, amounts to your daily dose of greens and is high in fibre. Perfect for a quick and healthy lunch / dinner or as a packed lunch - put the lemon in the box and squeeze on the salad just before eating.


Ingredients
(serves 1)
- 125g iceberg salad
- 50g smoked salmon
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 lemon
- seeds (I used mixed seeds, but any seeds   will do)

Directions
Place the salad on the plate. Chop the tomatoes and the avocado and mix with the salad leaves. Slice the salmon into small pieces and scatter over the mixed salad.

Squeeze the juice from 1/4 lemon over the salmon. For the extra goodness sprinkle with few spoonfuls of seeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment