8 June 2012

Nectarine & Serrano ham salad

As promised - a summery and light, but at the same time very flavourful, recipe. I am a huge fan of cold meats - especially dried ham - and it is no problem for me to finish off a big pack of Parma ham by myself as a snack. The salad I initially wanted to make required Parma ham, but unfortunately I was a bit too lazy to drive to the city and they only had Serrano ham, which is like the Spanish alternative, so I gave the ham a go ... And the result was gorgeous (I would not post something that doesn't taste good). Filling but light, fresh and fruity - exactly what one wants from a summer salad.


Ingredients
(Serves 1)
- 25g rocket
- 1 ripe nectarines
- 3 slices Serrano ham
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Freshly ground pepper, to serve

Directions
Place the rocket on a plate. Chop up the nectarines and tear the Serrano ham into small slices. Place the ham on top of the rocket and sprinkle with the nectarine slices. Drizzle over with some balsamic vinegar and freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment