11 May 2012

Herb & tomato cod

I am amazed by how much influence the weather has on my food decisions - the moment it turns warm and sunny I start craving a lot lighter meals. Today was one of those days and as it was Friday and I had some time in my hands, I decided to challenge myself - have white fish, cod, for dinner. I've never managed to hit the spot, so to speak, when preparing cod. It's always come out just okay. However, I can proudly say that this is not so anymore - I managed to make a delicious meal, which was really tasty and way better than just okay - it hit the spot! I served the cod with baby potatoes and sour cream dipping sauce, however it would go well with fresh salad, rice or quinoa. Light, easy and surprisingly filling -  couple it with a nice fresh white wine and you have a perfect easy dinner party dish for warm summer evenings.


Ingredients
(Serves 1)
- 120g Cod fillet
- 30g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp rinsed and drained baby capers
- 1 fresh thyme spring
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- Drop of olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper

- 100g baby potatoes
- 40g sour cream
- Dried mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt

Directions
Place the potatoes in a saucepan and bring to boil. Then simmer until cooked (around 20 minutes).

For cod parcels, preheat the oven to 200C / 180C fan-forced.  Then cut out a 20cm baking paper or foil square and place the cod fillet in the middle of it. Place the tomatoes, capers, thyme, vinegar and olive oil over the fish. Gather the corners of the baking paper or foil above the fish and twist to enclose securely. Place the parcels on a tray and bake for 15 minutes. Let the fish stand for 5 minutes before serving.

For the sauce, mix sour cream together with dried mixed herbs and a pinch of salt.

Place the potatoes and fish on a plate (can leave it in the parcel), sprinkle over with some freshly ground pepper and serve. Serve the dipping sauce alongside the potatoes or spoon over them.

Recipe from AWW book "Low Fat Kitchen"






No comments:

Post a Comment