14 May 2012

Warm feta & pasta salad

I really love pasta - I'm pretty sure that if I could, I would happily live on pasta for the rest of my life. However, unlike some lucky people, I can't afford to eat pasta all the time - there is not enough time for me to spend in the gym to burn it off. However, to be honest, unless you sink the pasta in cream based sauce, pasta can be quite healthy, just go for the wholemeal version. I find salads with pasta a great way to enjoy the Italian delight, without having to feel guilty about it.

This warm salad is great for a quick mid-week meal or when you have pasta cravings that need to be satisfied. It is really flavourful and I absolutely love how the feta melts a bit and covers the hot pasta, resulting in a really creamy salad. Also, the saltiness of feta couples perfectly with the mild taste of spinach and the basil adds a nice Italian sense to the dish.


Ingredients
(Serves 1)
- 75g wholewheat fusilli
- 75g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 75g Greek feta, cubed
- 50g baby spinach (or other leafy green)
- 50g roast ham, cubed
- 4 basil leaves

Directions
Boil the pasta in salted water. In the meantime, place the halved tomatoes, cubed ham, baby spinach (torn into small pieces) and basil leaves (torn into small pieces) into a bow. Top it with cubed feta.

When the pasta is cooked, drain it and immediately place on top of the feta. Mix well and serve immediately.

Recipe from a book "Salatid 2"






No comments:

Post a Comment