29 May 2012

BBQ honey & mustard chicken kebabs

Few days ago I visited my parents in Estonia. As the weather was nice, and my dad was home, I took the unilateral decision that we have to have a barbecue and as I am still fascinated about the mustard and honey combination I felt it was my job to get other people hooked on it as well (in which I succeeded). As it was really hot outside, having something heavy was out of question and chicken kebabs, marinated in my favourite sauce, with vegetables and pineapple sounded like the perfect choice. I served the kebabs with a leafy green salad, which goes really well with the sweet and mustardy chicken. So, when looking for something light and summery, this is the recipe to go for.


Ingredients
(Makes 7 kebabs)
- 4 chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into pieces
- 1 small red pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, cut into pieces
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 7 bamboo kebab skewers

Directions
Mix honey and mustard in a bowl until nicely combined. Chop up the chicken breasts into decent sized chunks and place in the same bowl and mix until the chicken is evenly covered with the mixture. Let it marinate for few hours. In the meantime, chop up the rest of the ingredients and 30 before starting grilling soak the bamboo skewers in water to prevent them from burning. When 30 minutes is up, place the ingredients the skewers and then grill on a barbecue, in a foil tray to prevent the chicken from burning, until the chicken is cooked (make sure you don't overcook it as it turns very dry). Serve and enjoy immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment