13 May 2012

Very berry breakfast

I love having berries for breakfast, especially when they are in season as they are so sweet and juicy. They are great just by themselves, but eventually it gets a bit boring when just having a bowl of berries by themselves. As I had some left over Greek yogurt in the fridge, I decided to use it up on the berries. Also, I sprinkles some coconut shavings on it - but I am very sure that almond shavings would go even better with the berries. And for added sweetness I drizzled everything over with some honey. The result was a nice, filling, healthy and balanced breakfast. This also makes a really good snack and I would even serve it as a light dessert after a heavy meal - just reduce the amount of berries a bit and serve in a nice bowl or, even better, in a martini glass.

Ingredients
(Serves 1)
- 100g strawberries, quartered
- 50g blueberries
- 50g blackberries
- 50g raspberries
- 70g 0% Greek yogurt
- Clear honey
- 1 tsp coconut shavings (or any other nuts)

Directions
Place the berries in the bowl and top up with Greek yogurt. Then sprinke with coconut shavings (or any other nuts), drizzle over with some honey and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment